Our Policies & Rules
Please call our office for current camping rates & availability!
Take a moment to review our Policies and Rules for camping at Turtle Lake Campground. We want to ensure all campers, and visitors including horses receive the best camping experience in Northern Michigan. If you have any questions we encourage you to call us or fill out a contact form.
- Check-In time is 2 P.M. Check-out is 12 P.M.
- We are a family-oriented campground – quiet hours are observed from 11 P.M. – 8 A.M.
- We ask for no more than 4 adults per site.
- Each site is allowed a maximum of one trailer and one tent or two tents.
- Campfires must be attended at all times. Please dispose of campfire trash in dumpsters. Trenching is not allowed or required due to the sandy soil.
- For everyone’s safety, we don’t allow firearms, air guns, bows & arrows, slingshots, or fireworks.
- Be aware power outages can and do happen occasionally. TLC is not responsible for any lost items.
- Pets are welcome if well-behaved and on a leash. Please clean up after your pet. Pets are not allowed on the middle beach.
- Use designated walking paths.
- Please do not disturb the beauty of the natural environment, including carving, inserting nails, or hanging lanterns in trees.
- Please clean up after yourselves when using public areas – beach areas, playgrounds, bathhouses, picnic areas, etc.
- Keep close lines at least 7′ off the ground for safety.
- Kayaks and canoes are available for rent. Floatation devices are required and included in the rental fee. Please see the office for details and prices.
- Fishing is allowed from shore, in boats, and on marked docks; subject to DNR fishing license requirements. Turtles, frogs, snakes, and other wildlife are prohibited from being baited and caught. If caught by accident, they should be immediately released.
- Jet skis and powerboats are not allowed, it is not a big lake, but there are several large inland lakes nearby.
- Children and pets are everywhere, please observe the posted speed limit of 7 MPH within the campground.
- Motorcycles, mini-bikes, ATVs, etc. are allowed in the campground to access your campsite only. Other ridings must be done on designated trails.